Head of Category Development
Location: Windsor, UK
Salary: Up to £75,000
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
- Car Allowance
- Up to 15% bonus
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Cover
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Holiday- 25 days per year plus your Birthday and Bank Holidays
- Gym Membership – 50% off at Snap Fitness, Windsor
- Hybrid working
En Route International operates globally as part of dnata, one of the world’s largest combined air services providers. With offices in the UK, USA, Australia and UAE. En Route supplies premium baked goods, premium cheese, meals and snacks to the travel industry. We focus on partnering with world-class manufacturers customising products and packaging to suit individual customer needs while managing a complex supply chain with the highest levels of precision.
The Head of Category Development is responsible for the product range and the development activity of their product category and launch of all products in their region. Providing leadership for his category team, this role is instrumental in shaping the strategy and tactical execution of food development. Ensuring that the pipeline of NPD activity is underpinned by market-leading creativity and sound commercial efficiencies.
We are looking for 3 Heads of Category Development with a high level of experience in one of the following areas;
- Dairy, Ice Cream and Dessert
- Bakery, Cake, Handheld hot & cold
- Meal and Snack Solutions
- Drive the strategic development plans of set product categories (global).
(in close collaboration with the Sales, Procurement, Technical Team)
ensuring that product developed & refreshed to support the business
growth. Avoid unnecessary drift and spread in range eliminating
obsolescence and optimising inventory.
- Lead the formulation (in collaboration with other Head of Categories, and
regional Head of Food) of the food development innovation pipeline
ensuring the Food development team as a clear direction of travel.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales Team to ensure relevance of product
portfolio; drive change and renewal to meet customer needs, working
collaboratively with Creative and Technical teams for fast, effective new
product development, in person Client presentation, product document
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the business and supplier base
to deliver 'best in class innovative products.
- Follow our Project Management Process, managing projects ensuring
critical path targets are met.
- Ensure that the team have every opportunity to learn, develop and progress
providing appropriate training in order that people are equipped with the
necessary knowledge and skills to perform their roles with confidence and
progress in their careers.
- Lead the successful launch of new products, ensuring comprehensive
briefing of sales teams; price positioning based on intimate knowledge of
competitors and substitutes; promotion and communication for market
- Work closely with the Head of Technical to ensure an efficient QA & product
surveillance program is consistently delivered.
- Support the Technical team by providing SME (subject matter expert)
knowledge supporting nonconformance investigations as required.
- To undertake any other duties, which may from time to time be assigned.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive,
but it is issued as a general framework at the time of writing.
- Business travel is expected to be undertaken as part of the role and
frequencies varies throughout the year.